We want our guests to love visiting our pubs, bars and restaurants. So, if you can make it special by providing a friendly face from the moment a guest walks in, we want to speak to you.
You don’t even need any experience. So long as you can provide a warm, helpful manner to everyone you meet, we can teach you the ins and outs of working as part of our busy teams.
By taking on a full-time role as a bar and waiting apprentice under the supervision of our passionate teams, alongside your training, you will enhance your service and communication skills and become more confident along the way. Not only will you achieve a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship, you will be able to support the running of our businesses, creating some amazing moments and making sure that quality never slips for our guests!
What will your day-to-day involve?
• Help create a warm, friendly and welcoming environment
• Present our food and drink products perfectly
• Keep a safe and hygienic working environment
• Identify the needs of the guest to make every guest feel valued
• Responsibility for cash and company stock
• Be part of great team moments
• Show an appetite for personal development and learning
• Being proud of what you achieve
And it’s all taught through:
• A mixture of face to face and remote visits every 4 – 6 weeks,
• 24-hour access to course learning materials for distance learning
• A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
• Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Lifetime Trainer
• Feedback sessions to discuss progress
• Obtain Functional Skills in English and Maths
• 30 hours paid work every week
And it doesn’t end there! Upon completing your apprenticeship, you can continue onto further apprenticeships or follow other routes to progress your career through our career pathways. Every moment is a chance to prove what you can do, and in a business as big as ours, there is always room to move around when you fancy!
25 and over £8.21
21 to 24 £7.70
18 to 20 £6.15
Under 18 £4.35
- Landscape Management Apprenticeship
- What is the Landscape Management Apprenticeship ProgramTM?
Landscape Management Apprenticeship
What is the Landscape Management Apprenticeship ProgramTM?
The landscape management apprenticeship is a Department of Labor Registered Program that provides career pathways where individuals can earn and learn at the same time!
What are the benefits of becoming a Landscape Management Apprentice?
- Hands-on career training provided by an experienced mentor with additional classroom-style online training offered at no charge.
- A strong education and the potential to earn college credit paid for by your employer.
- Access to a successful long-term career with a competitive salary, and little or no educational debt.
- A paycheck from day one, guaranteed to increase as you master new skills.
- A certification you can take anywhere in the United States, opening doors for relocation.
What do Landscape Management Apprentices do?
They create and maintain beautiful outdoor spaces where people live, work, and play! More specifically they study to be landscape professionals trained to:
- Care for lawns using a variety of products and tools
- Plant, cultivate and maintain flowers, shrubs, and trees
- Read, analyze and measure blueprints and job sites
- Manage irrigation systems and low voltage lighting systems
- Install and care for pavers and other hardscape materials
What does it take to become a Landscape Management Apprentice?
Landscaping apprenticeships are reserved for those who enjoy the outdoors and like working with their hands. They are for those who relish working as part of a team, those who take pride in seeing a project completed and those who aren’t afraid of hard work or rolling up their sleeves to get a job done. They are for men and women who don’t want to stay in the same job for the rest of their working lives – but rather, those who want to learn a craft that leads to management and possibly executive leadership.
In addition, to participate in the apprenticeship program, you must…
- Be 16 years old or older
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have reliable transportation
- Be physically able to perform the work
- Apply for the apprenticeship directly to the employer
What is the career outlook for Landscape Management Apprentices?
Excellent! The landscape industry is growing; in fact, there are 300,000 job vacancies annually. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts the industry will grow faster than the average of all occupations through 2026. The industry offers job stability, career advancement, and competitive pay. And of course, apprentices receive paid on-the-job training.
How do I get started?
If you are ready to start your future as a Landscape Management Apprentice, contact NALP to find a sponsoring company or talk with a landscape professional in your area.