- Autumn Asters
- Planting and Growing
- Taking Care of Autumn Asters
- Propagating Autumn Asters
- Popular Varieties of Autumn Aster Grown in the UK
- Aster, Michaelmas Daisy
- Michaelmas Daisy
- 6 Popular Wedding Flowers And Their Affordable Alternatives
- 35+ Fall Wedding Flowers in Season September, October & November
- List of Fall Wedding Flowers
- Designing Fall Wedding Bouquets
- Fall Wedding Flowers on a Budget
- Fabulous November wedding flowers
- Using seasonal wedding flowers
- Making the most of your winter wedding flowers
- Michaelmas daisy flower
- Products from Amazon.com
- Fresh as a daisy: Michaelmas daisies add autumnal gaiety to any border
A group of bushy, late flowering, herbaceous perennials with narrow green leaves covered by clouds of daisy-like flowers; either singly or in sprays. The name of this useful late flowering plant is taken is from the Latin word meaning star – indicating the shape of its showy flower heads, borne in profusion from late summer onwards.
Family: Asteraceae (daisy)
Botanical Name: several species of this plant have now been reclassified, see the popular varieties list below.
Common Names: Michaelmas daisy, New York Aster, Fall Asters.
Foliage: Deciduous. Narrow, dark green, leaves. Faintly aromatic.
Flowers: Clusters of daisy-like flowers, in shades of white, pink, red, blue, mauve or purple, with yellow-centres (depending on variety). Single, double or semi-double forms are available.
Flowering Period: Late-summer to late autumn.
Soil: Moist but well-drained moderately fertile soil. Chalk, sand or loam. Alkaline or neutral pH. Most varieties thrive best in alkaline soils.
Conditions: Full sun. South, west or east facing, in an open sunny location.
Habit: Compact, upright and bushy.
Type: Herbaceous perennial.
Hardiness: Most varieties are fully hardy in the UK.
Origin: Native to Asia, Europe and North America.
Planting and Growing
These useful late summer to early autumn perennials are tolerant of most conditions except drought. All varieties prefer an open sunny or partially-shaded spot, in a fertile and moist but well-drained soil. A selection of one or more of these late flowering beauties will keep your garden blooming well into in autumn.
Plant in sunny beds and borders, in groups of two or more, for maximum impact. A good choice for coastal, cottage, informal and wildlife gardens.
Useful for cut flowers when little else is available in the garden.
Taking Care of Autumn Asters
Easy to grow and propagate. Needs very little care and attention if growing conditions are ideal. Certain varieties can be a little invasive, as clumps can quickly spread and/or self seed around the borders.
Stake taller cultivars securely. Shorter varieties usually require little or no support.
Because they flower late they can often be overlooked during hot dry summers. So keep them well watered and don’t allow the soil to totally dry out or flowering will suffer. However, avoid waterlogged conditions.
Cut down flower stems after flowering.
Pests and Diseases
Susceptible to slugs, snails, eelworms and aphid attack. Prone to wilt, leaf spot and grey moulds, especially if conditions are too dry or there is not enough free air flow through the plants. Older plants are more susceptible to powdery mildews, so it is often best to lift and divide older specimens to reinvigorate them.
Propagating Autumn Asters
Asters are prolific self-seeders but named varieties will not come true from seed.
Easy to propagate from division. Divide mature clumps between late autumn and spring, or take basal or softwood cuttings in the spring.
A large volume of plants can be produced by teasing out a clump into single rooted shoots and planting up in spring, 5cm/6in apart.
Aster Asteroid Mix
Popular Varieties of Autumn Aster Grown in the UK
There over 500 cultivars of Aster are available, ranging in height from tall erect plants to compact low domes, in a wide range of flower colours and forms.
A. lateriflorus has masses of attractive tiny flowers and long-season colour. Attracts butterflies. Height: 1 to 3ft (30 to 90cm). Useful cultivars include: Aster lateriflorus ‘Lady in Black’ with dusky purple leaves covered in clouds of tiny, white, purple-centred flowers, and Aster lateriflorus ‘Prince’ with white daisy like flowers with pinkish centres.
A. thomsonii a clump-forming perennial, with oval toothed leaves. Lavender-blue flowers with yellow centres. Earlier flowering. Height to 3ft (1m).
Galatella sedifolia (syn Aster acris) forms a round dome of erect stems with narrow, pointed, hairy green leaves. Usually with star-shaped, light mauve flowers, with yellow centres. Height 3ft (90cm), spread 1.5ft (50cm). August to September.
Symphyotrichum novi-belgii (New York aster) was formerly included within the genus Aster but now reclassified. This form has simple, lance-shaped leaves and daisy-like flower heads. Height up to 2ft (60cm). Flowers September to October. Popular cultivars include:
‘Fellowship’ large pink flowers
‘Royal Velvet’ deep violet flowers
‘Royal Ruby’ deep red flowers
‘Little Pink Beauty’ dwarf with pink flowers
Symphyotrichum novae-angliae (New England aster) is a tall form with light-green pointed leaves and woody stems. Flowers appear in clusters of pink or rose-red, from September to October. Height up to 4-5ft (1.2-1.5m), spread 2ft (600mm). Good for cutting. Useful cultivars include: ‘Harrington’s Pink’ and ‘Alma Potschke’ (deep rose).
Aster, Michaelmas Daisy
Asters, or michaelmas daisies, are perennial flowers. You will find garden asters in many sizes and colors. Flowers usually bloom in late summer or fall in clusters, with each blossom from half an inch to several inches wide, on stems six inches to several feet tall. Ray petals are white, blue, deep purple, or pink, and central disks are golden. Many asters are North American natives and grow in wayside places with no care at all.
How to grow: Asters grow best in full sun in good garden soil but also tolerate sandy and clay soils that are difficult for other plants. Divide them every three years and refresh the soil to keep plants healthy. Pinch tall asters back quite hard in midsummer to promote branching and flowering on shorter stems that need no staking.
Propagation: By division in spring, also from seed
Uses: Asters are excellent in garden borders and mass plantings. Containers of asters in bloom are popular in fall. Asters make good cut flowers.
Related species: Aster tataricus is a seven-foot species with clusters of lavender flowers. A. novae angliae can be the tall wild type but has also been bred into dwarf forms that stay low without pinching. A. tongolensis is a small rock-garden perennial.
Scientific name: Aster species
Any of the various asters can also be called a Michaelmas daisy, so named because they are members of the Daisy (compositae) family and they bloom through Michaelmas, providing a late show of color and bloom in the garden.
There are species of asters native to America, Switzerland and Italy. The aster amellus or Italian starwort is the original plant dedicated to Archangel Michael, whose holiday we celebrate on Michaelmas, September 29. (For more on this holiday, see this article.)
The 16th century herbalist, Gerard, commented on the aster native to England, the sea starwort (aster tripolium) which grew along the coast but flourished when brought into the garden. He called it tripolium because “It was reported by men of great fame and learning ..that it doth change the colors of his flowers thrice a day.”
In the 17th century, the plant collector, John Tradescant Jr. began bringing asters from North America to England. In 1633 he brought over the Virginia aster (aster lateriflorus). Later he introduced the very popular New England aster (Aster nova-angliae) and New York aster (Aster nova-belgii). These plants have since been reclassified; they are still in the tribe of Asters but under the genus name of Symphyotrichum (from the Greek words for “growing together” and “hair”—poor plant, aster is a much more appropriate and glamorous name).
Still if you were looking for one in a nursery, you’d probably say you were looking for an aster. There are many varieties available, most of them hybrids of the New England and New York asters, in many colors and sizes, with names like Harrington Pink (an heirloom aster dating from the 1930s) and Persian Rose, September Ruby and violet Carpet, Purple Dome and Wood’s Pink.
Asters are named for the stars they resemble—the name comes from the same root word as astrology and asteroid, asterisk and disaster–and in England, they are sometimes called starwort (wort simply means herb or plant with healing properties). Several legends are told about their origins. One says that Virgo scattered stardust on earth and they became asters. Another attributes their origin to the goddess Astraea (often associated with the constellation Virgo) who withdrew from earth out of sorrow and looking down wept. Her tears became asters
In ancient Greece, aster leaves were burned to keep away evil spirits and drive off serpents. Pliny the Elder recommended a tea of aster in cases of snake bite and an aster amulet to ease the pain of sciatica. Virgil wrote about it in the Georgics:
There is a useful flower Growing in the meadows, which the country folk Call star-wort, not a blossom hard to find, For its large cluster lifts itself in air Out of one root; its central orb is gold But it wears petals in a numerous ring Of glossy purplish blue; ’tis often laid In twisted garlands at some holy shrine. Bitter its taste; the shepherds gather it In valley-pastures where the winding streams Of Mella flow. The roots of this, steeped well, In hot, high-flavored wine, thou may’st set down At the hive door in baskets heaping full.
Helen Baroli in her book about Italian holiday food mentions picking yellow Michaelmas daisies on the beaches near Rome. She also made a yellow sponge cake called “Margherita” (daisy) on Michaelmas.
I don’t think the cake has any asters in it but the Plants for the Future website gives aster amellus, the native Italian aster, a rating of 2 for edibility and 2 for medicinal qualities. The roots have been used to make medicine for coughs, pulmonary infections and malaria. However they warn that although the native aster is probably safe to eat, the hybrid decorative varieties may not be.
The aster is considered a herb of Venus and like the daisy, which belongs to the same family of Compositae, it has been used in love divinations.
Alison Townsend in an essay about the prairie in which she lives in Wisconsin writes, “Native Americans called them ” ‘the flower that brings the frost,’ as if they were floral shamans, ushering in the dark season.”
Asters are easy to grow. I just saw a meadow full of three-foot high purplish-blue asters in a marsh on Puget Sound, where I presume they were growing wild. Although the plant can grow in poor conditions, it likes moist soil and lots of sun. Asters should be divided every three years.
One of my favorite garden writers, Paghat, offers a selection of aster photographs and tips on cultivation (at least in the Pacific Northwest) at her website. Check her index for other asters.
She’s also the person who referred me to Picton Garden in Worcestershire, the site of the original Michaelmas Daisy Nursery founded in 1906 by Ernest Ballard. He was an English plant breeder who specialized in Michaelmas daisies.
China aster painted by Redoute
Chinese asters come from a different genus Callistephys, but they also bloom in autumn at the same time as the Michaelmas daisy. Their name means beautiful crown from the Greek kallistos (beautiful) and stephanus (crown). They were often planted in Chinese gardens in pots and arranged in a row with one shade blending into one another to produce a rainbow effect, something that might be fun to do with asters in your garden.
The sheer variety of China asters in shapes and color, is why aster means “variety” in the language of flowers. Asters are also associated with elegance and daintiness.
Barolini, Helen, Festa: Recipes and Recollections of Italian Holidays, Harcourt, Brace, Jovanovich 1988
Gerard’s Herbal, edited by Marcus Woodward, first published in 1597, reprint by Studio Editions 1994
Martin, Laura C., Garden Flower Folklore, Globe Pequot Press 1987
Martin, Laura C., Wildflower Folklore, Globe Pequot 1993
Martin, Tovah, Heirloom Flowers, Fireside 1999
Parson, Frances Theodora and Mrs William Starr Dana, According to Season, A Celebration of Nature, Houghton Mifflin 1990
Ward, Bobby J, A Contemplation Upon Flowers: Garden Plants in Myth & Literature, Timber Press 1999
Wells, Diana, 100 Flowers and How They Got Their Names, Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill 1997
The lovely picture of the purple aster was taken by Heather Oetkin’s elementary school students and featured at the Human Flower Project website, where Julie Ardery admits that asters are on her hated plants list.
For Cecily Mary Barker’s depiction of the Michaelmas Daisy Fairy
First published on September 9, 2011
6 Popular Wedding Flowers And Their Affordable Alternatives
Singaporebrides | Essentials
By Heather Tham
Share this article on:
With changing seasons, it can be difficult to figure out if your favourite flower will be available on your wedding day. Let SingaporeBrides guide you through this mind-boggling task, as well as suggest some popular wedding flowers alternatives that may help reduce the cost of your arrangements!
Your wedding date can make all the difference in whether or not you’ll be able to score those prized peonies to walk down the aisle with. All those Pinterest images with gorgeous flowers… if only they are available all year round! A lot of those beautiful blooms are seasonal, and expensive to import too.
“In Singapore, peonies are, by far and large, the most requested wedding flowers,” observes Jaclyn Lim, wedding florist and co-founder of boutique flower shop The Bloom Room. “But there have been plenty of disappointed brides who were not able to include them into their weddings because of seasonal unavailability.”
When deciding on their wedding date, many brides-to-be tend to neglect the fact that flowers are seasonal. This means that they tend to bloom during a certain time of the year, and therefore are only available during those two or three months. “For example, peonies are usually available from Holland in the middle of the year, and from New Zealand at the end of the year,” Jaclyn explains. “You have a higher chance of walking down the aisle with those big, billowy blooms if you are getting married in May, June, November and December.”
Will in-season flowers be cheaper in Singapore?
In countries with local growers, such as the United States, consciously choosing wedding flowers in season can help you to save a fair bit of money as they are plentiful in the flower farms scattered within their own borders. But sometimes, it is also possible to score out-of-season flowers – you’d just need to pay more to fly them in from countries when they are in season.
Interestingly, this scenario actually doesn’t apply to Singapore. No thanks to our equatorial climate and limited land areas (read: no flower farms!), almost all flowers in Singapore are already being imported from countries all over the world, like Holland, China, Australia, New Zealand and Japan. This means we are already paying extra, just to fly them in fresh every morning. After factoring in labour and logistic costs, chances are that you are not going to get in-season flowers any cheaper here.
But it is precisely because Singapore imports flowers from countries in both Northern and Southern hemispheres that there is a higher likelihood of getting the seasonal flowers you want. The seasonal differences across the world mean that if it is winter in Holland, it is summer in Australia.
“In the case of peonies, if you can’t order them from Holland in May-June, you can still ask for the New Zealand varieties when November rolls by.” Jaclyn adds: “But this also means that if a local florist tells you that peonies are not available for your March wedding, it means that no peonies will be available from these two countries during that time – even if you are willing to fork out more money.”
So… what will be in season during my wedding month?
It can be a daunting task trying to figure out what’s available and when. With this in mind, we’ve prepared a guide to some of the most popular wedding flowers in Singapore, and the months when you can actually order them.
In full bloom, peonies are breathtakingly fluffy and long-lasting enough to include for full-day weddings in Singapore. These luxury blooms are available in a few quality varieties, with the pink Sarah Bernhardt being the most popular. Avoid ordering peonies at the beginning and ending of the season, as you will be paying top dollar for fist-sized, less billowy blooms. Ask your wedding florist if the peonies that are available during your wedding date are of a good quality before you confirm.
Season: May to July from Holland, December to February from Australia/New Zealand
Alternatives: David Austin Garden Roses, Ranunculuses
Ra… what? Don’t let this strange-sounding name put you off. Also known as Persian buttercups, ranunculuses are really dainty blooms that resemble mini peonies. The best thing about them is that they come in a myriad of colours like red, pink, yellow, orange and white. So, it is remarkably easy to work these Spring flowers into your wedding no matter what your chosen colour palette is. The most popular variety for weddings is actually the blush pink “Clooney Hanoi” ranunculus.
Season: November to May from Italy and China
Summer-bloomin’ dahlias are gorgeous pinwheel-like flowers that are quite uncommon here, primarily because they tend to arrive in Singapore with weak and falling petals. This means you often end up paying for a huge batch of flowers, just for the wedding florist to use a couple of stalks in your bridal bouquet. Take the stunning Café Au Lait variety. It looks great on Instagram and styled shoots, but is just not practical for your actual-day wedding here.
Season: June to September from Holland
Alternatives: Certain varieties of chrysanthemums if you are not superstitious, or Dutch standard carnations
Anemones are unique Fall blooms with striking jet-black centers. They come in many shades, with crisp-white poppy anemones being the most requested. Like dahlias, anemones unfortunately don’t travel well to Singapore. They tend to arrive with scarred petals, so only a couple of stalks out of a batch can be used.
Season: October to May from Holland and France
Alternatives: Not many flowers can boast of such a unique look. You might need to choose a different design, or work in white flowers in similar shapes like eustomas. But they will fall short.
#5 David Austin Luxury Garden Roses
David Austin garden roses, loved for their old-world charm, are the most extravagant blooms you can have for your big day. In Singapore, they have become more popular in the recent years. In particular, the beautifully cupped “Juliet” is one of the few blooms that are peach in colour. The “Keira”, a vintage-styled blush pink bloom, is also popular for those seeking a romantic, garden-inspired look for their weddings.
Season: Year-round, although advance order is required
Alternatives: No real alternative, although Kenyan roses can be more affordable
Dreamy and romantic, hydrangeas are extremely popular in garden weddings or elegant restaurant receptions. Each stem features a big bunch of blooms, which comes in lovely colours like bubblegum-pink, sky blue, deep purple and snow white. The downside is that hydrangeas are extremely fragile and unpredictable, wilting into a shriveled ball if left out in our hot and humid weather for a tad too long. Go for them only if your ceremony is short, and only if you understand the fragility of hydrangeas.
Season: Year-round, although colours and varieties vary
Alternative: Matthiolas, viburnum snowballs
What’s available all year-round?
If you prefer not to fuss over seasonal flowers, there are dependable year-round options like roses, tulips, orchids and calla lilies. “These are traditional favourites that are not likely to go out of style,” assures Jaclyn. “But it will be a more challenging task for your wedding florist to create unique designs using these blooms.”
Unconventional choices, such as Dutch carnations, or using filler flowers like gypsophila (baby’s breath) as standalone blooms, are also an option. Jaclyn explains: “Carnation have a dowdy reputation for being a Mother’s Day bloom, but the Dutch varieties are actually quite gorgeous. They are also affordable and long-lasting, making them a perfect fit for tropical weddings.” Meanwhile, baby’s breath can work as chic centerpieces or dainty bouquets when bunched together on their own. The only drawback is that they don’t smell as nice as they look, so try not to overwhelm your wedding venue with them.
So you do have plenty of choices, even if your seasonal flowers are unavailable. But if you have your heart set on a favourite flower, do take its flowering season into consideration before setting your wedding date!
Images courtesy of The Bloom Room
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Telegram for the latest article and promotion updates!
35+ Fall Wedding Flowers in Season September, October & November
Looking for fall wedding flowers? You’ll find plenty of gorgeous flowers in bloom during the autumn months (September, October and November). From dahlias to chrysanthemum disbuds, alstroemeria to Veronicas, discover more than 35 flowers in season during fall.
List of Fall Wedding Flowers
- Agonis branches
- Asiatic lily
- Calla Lily
- Chrysanthemum Disbud
- Craspedia Billy Balls
- Fountain Grass
- Neapolitan lace
- Olive branches
- Ornamental pepper
- Pampas grass
- Smoke bush cotinus
- Star of Bethlehem
- Sweet alyssum
- Wax flower
Designing Fall Wedding Bouquets
Shades of purple and burgundy are gorgeous colors for a fall wedding. Dark lavender roses, purple dianthus and thistle are all excellent ways to incorporate purple, and you can use burgundy dahlias to add a dark, dramatic touch. For a finishing touch, use agonis to fill out the bouquet — this greenery will set off your purple and burgundy flowers perfectly.
You can also create DIY wedding bouquets and arrangements using traditional fall colors like red, yellow and orange. Use sunflowers to add that cheerful yellow, terracotta roses to get that rustic orange, and red amaranthus to get that classic red.
Another option? Pure white. Ivory dahlias and white Veronicas will make for stunning fall bouquets and arrangements. Try pairing them with seeded eucalyptus to add a little bohemian whimsy!
Last but not least, we’ve got to talk about billy balls. Billy balls are perfect for fall. They’re fun, festive and come in just about every color you can imagine (we even have glitter-coated billy balls for brides that want a little sparkle in their bouquet!).
Fall Wedding Flowers on a Budget
If you’re looking for fall wedding flowers that won’t break the bank, consider budget-friendly options like gerbera daisies, roses, chrysanthemum disbuds and alstroemeria.
On the opposite side of the spectrum, you’ll find more expensive fall flowers, which include allium, anemones, celosia, dahlias, snowberry and stars of Bethlehem. You can, of course, still choose these flowers even if you’re on a budget — just consider pairing them with less expensive greenery and filler flowers to offset their cost.
No matter your budget, FiftyFlowers can work with you to create the bouquet of your dreams down to the very last detail. We can make any fall wedding bouquet a reality.
We also offer fall flower packs that are ready to go. You’ll find everything you need to create stunning autumn bouquets with packs like
Another way to save is to order wholesale flower packs in bulk. Our wholesale flowers have everything you need create multiple DIY arrangements and bouquets. Discover some of our best options for fall:
- Autumn Sunflower Mix
- Fall Bulk Flower Mix
- Autumn Sunset Fall Wedding Mix
Want help designing your fall wedding flowers? Call us today at (877) 507-6737 for a complimentary consultation. We’ll help find flowers that fit your budget and your vision.
- 50 Dazzling Spring Wedding Flowers and Bouquets
- 30+ Summer Wedding Flowers in Season June, July and August
- Winter Wedding Flowers
November is just such an exciting time of year. Winter has arrived, Christmas is just around the corner and couples everywhere are getting married. If you’re planning an early winter wedding and are thinking about your floral decorations, then this is the feature for you. Read on for all you need to know about November wedding flowers.
Fabulous November wedding flowers
November actually gives you a surprising amount of choice when it comes to decorations and flowers. You can opt for a warming winter look, a cool contemporary style or stick with a gorgeous vintage, boho or rustic luxe look. Whatever your style, top London florist and celebrity favourite, Rosemary Livingstone of RL Flower Designs, has plenty of advice for you:
“There is still plenty of choice of seasonal flowers in November,” says Rosemary. “Lisianthus, Calla Lillies and Alstromeria, especially in whites, will look incredible. Amaryllis can be stunning, clustered in threes, and these are the perfect alternative to the traditional bouquet.”
Image Courtesy of Deer Pearl flowers
“Roses are available year round so if there is a colour theme to match, this may often be your first choice. Hypericum berries will add a seasonal feel to your bouquets and decorations and are available in white, yellow and red.”
Image Courtesy of Tied Bow Blog
Using seasonal wedding flowers
With the unpredictable weather of November and the fact that lots of flower growers are working towards peak Christmas production, you really need to get organised with your winter wedding flowers. As Rosemary explains, deciding on your floral scheme early will definitely help you relax as the big day approaches:
Image Courtesy of Rebecca Hollis
“When you are planning your colour theme and if you’re looking to use seasonal flowers, make sure you start discussions with your florist from the very early stages. When you know what’s available, it can help your ideas process.”
“Many people make their choice of florist in the later stages of planning but when you think of the impact displays and bouquets will make to your special day, it’s important to find the right florist as early as you can.”
Image Courtesy of Ebay
There’s no doubting the fact that at this time of year, gorgeous winter bouquets and decorations look amazing. Rosemary recommends using flowers inside your venue to create a really warm and welcoming atmosphere for guests, as most will be unlikely to venture outside:
“Embrace the winter season with candles, decorate open fireplaces and indoor features and use warm colours and scents. A winter wedding is the perfect opportunity to create a romantic setting and your photos will be amazing!”
Image Courtesy of Ulmer Studios
“Warm reds and burnt oranges will instantly enhance the romantic feel of the winter season. However, avoid flowers that are out of season. Perfumed or spring flowers will come at a premium even though they are available all year round.”
Image Courtesy of Kitty Wheeler Shaw
Making the most of your winter wedding flowers
Here are our top tips and ideas for your November wedding flowers:
Use seasonal accessories such as leaves, berries and even feathers in your bouquets and arrangements.
If you want to bring extra colour to your bouquet, beautiful trailing ribbons make a wonderful statement.
Image Courtesy of Etsy
Add in lots of texture. Metal or glass vases and candelabras look fabulous.
Use candles (or LED versions) in your decorations as much as possible to create a warm light on dark winter days.
Image Courtesy of Dan Fredo
Floral garlands and wreaths aren’t just for Christmas – use them in November for a seasonal touch.
Winter is coming. And we just can’t wait.
Michaelmas daisy growing herbaceous of the genus Aster also known as Michaelmas daisies or Aster plant, Michaelmas daisy perennial evergreen used as ornamental fragrant attract pollinator plant, can grow in temperate, mediterranean or subtropics climate and growing in hardiness zone 4-10a.
Leaves color green linear shape.
Michaelmas daisy flower
Flower fragrant color can be: purple, blue, pink, white or more than one color, the flower grow in disc shape to full flower.
Michaelmas daisy for sale – Seeds or Plants to Buy
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: .39
- Price: .99
- -14% Price: .96 Was: .96
How to grow Michaelmas daisy growing and care:
What is the best way to start growing?
Plant / Seed / Vegetative reproduction
Is it necessary to graft or use vegetative reproduction?
Difficulties or problems when growing:
Spring, summer, autumn
Pests and diseases:
Aphids, spider mites
How to prune:
Dead flowers and for desgin
Size of the plant?
30-90 cm, 12-36 inches
Growth speed in optimal condition:
Fast growing / Medium growing
Small amount of water / Average amount of water
Light conditions in optimal condition for growing:
Is it possible to grow as houseplant?
Growing is also possible in a planter /flowerpot / containers:
Spring / Summer / Autumn
General information about the flower:
Fragrant flower color can be: purple, blue, pink, white or more than one color, the flower grow in disc shape to full flower
- Autumn flowers
- Spring flowers
- Summer flowers
- Blue flower
- Pink flower
- Purple flower
- White flower
- Mediterranean Climate
- Subtropics Climate
- Temperate Climate
- Ornamental flower
- Ornamental plant
Plant growing speed
- Average growing plants
- Fast growing plants
- Perennial plant
- Attract pollinators
- Ornamental plants
- Autumn Planting
- Spring Planting
- Summer planting
Plants sun exposure
- Full sun Plants
- Regularly water
- Small amounts of water
- Hardiness zone 10
- Hardiness zone 4
- Hardiness zone 5
- Hardiness zone 6
- Hardiness zone 7
- Hardiness zone 8
- Hardiness zone 9
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained, moderately fertile soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: August to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Noted for its disease resistance and masses of long lasting, lavender-blue, daisy-like flowers, which appear from late summer to mid-autumn. These charming Michaelmas daisies are ideal for a mixed or herbaceous border with well-drained, moderately fertile soil. Best in full sun, they associate especially well with late summer flowering perennials such as Rudbeckia and Echinacea.
- Garden care: Stake with bamboo canes or brushwood in early spring. Water regularly during dry spells and deadhead regularly to prolong flowering. After flowering cut the flowered stems to the ground and apply a generous mulch of well-rotted garden compost or horse manure around the base of the plant.
Asters are one of the easiest plants to take cuttings from. All you need to do is pull away sideshoots that have already rooted. These can then be potted up individually or planted directly in to the garden.
Fresh as a daisy: Michaelmas daisies add autumnal gaiety to any border
- Katie Price RETURNS to rehab as she is spotted outside The Priory… just days after returning from visiting terminally ill mum Amy in Spain
- ‘Mrs Jourdan Dunn Hamilton!’ Model reveals she’s ENGAGED to her mystery ‘life partner’ as she shares a glimpse of her dazzling diamond ring
- Kate Ferdinand breaks down in tears while Rio insists there’s ‘no manual to become a stepmum’ in teaser for stepfamily documentary
- ‘Rude and downright embarrassing’: Jim Carrey is BLASTED by fans for joke implying Margot Robbie’s successful career is thanks to her looks
- Love Island’s Shaughna Phillips fails to impress MIC star Sam Thompson in VERY awkward Celebs Go Dating clip… a year before her villa stint
- How to be the best version of YOU: Top 10 solutions to health and wellbeing problems that will leave you feeling AND looking good Ad Feature
- Victoria Beckham, 45, bears an uncanny resemblance to son Romeo, 17, as she shares sweet throwback snap of her younger self
- Cheryl gets to work alongside her fellow Greatest Dancer captains… with stunning new mum Alesha Dixon getting her dancing shoes back on
- Sarah Michelle Gellar thanks a friend for being the inadvertent reason she’s spent 20 years with her beloved husband Freddie Prinze Jr.
- Kimberley Garner flaunts her incredible figure in a plunging blue thong swimsuit as she takes a dip in the sea during downtime in Miami
- Love Island: Latest Casa Amor bombshell REVEALED as ripped, bikini-loving events manager Natalia Zoppa, 20, from Manchester
- Rita Ora delightedly unveils her new ‘Zog’ neck tattoo… as she reveals the Albanian word is the pet name given to her by beloved mum Vera
- Kylie Jenner says she and Stormi were ‘meant for each other’ as she shares tender new photos in loving tribute for her daughter’s second birthday
- Una Healy poses in rare loved-up snap with beau David Breen before impressing fans by speaking Swahili as they continue sun-soaked Zanzibar holiday
- Feel free to finally try a sip of alcohol’: Kate Beckinsale wishes look-alike daughter Lily a happy 21st birthday
- Can glycolic acid give you brighter, smoother skin in just seven days? Meet the supercharged treatment that delivers professional results at home Ad Feature
- Montana Brown shows ex Elliott Reeder what he’s missing as she shares SIZZLING bikini-clad selfie
- Cameron Diaz keeps it casual in a cardigan as she hits up a facial spa after welcoming firstborn daughter Raddix last month
- Love Island’s Casa Amor FIRST LOOK: The relationship-testing second villa is revealed ahead of the arrival of a new batch of sexy singletons
- Rachel Lindsay and LaLa Anthony indulge in fast food treats at McDonald’s Super Bowl party
- ‘I’ve got nothing to lose’: Watch Blake Lively transform from girl next door into deadly assassin in her toughest role to date Ad Feature
- Justin Bieber mourns the loss of Kobe Bryant with $1200 tribute art to the basketball legend
- ‘Wedding throwback!’ Kate Ferdinand fangirls as she attends Ashanti concert in London… five months after husband Rio surprised her with the R&B icon at their Turkey nuptials
- Love Island’s Molly-Mae Hague flashes her VERY taut abs and enviable physique while shooting her latest clothing collection in LA
- Rodrigo Alves showcases the results of her latest surgery in a busty pink sequinned dress as she steps out in Istanbul
- BAFTA-winning Brits: From beloved drama Educating Rita to scene-stealing shows like Broadchurch and Happy Valley, the nominees for Britain’s best-loved shows are… Ad Feature
- Piers Morgan blasts BBC’s Horrible Histories children’s show for ‘trashing Britain’ with Brexit-themed song
- Harry Styles CANCELS pre-Super Bowl show in Florida due to severe storm warnings… as heartbroken fans hit out at event organisers for poor safety conditions amid shock evacuation
- Fern Britton and Phil Vickery ‘often weren’t on speaking terms and their recent separation has been on the cards for years’… following the death of the TV star’s father Tony
- Tamara Ecclestone beams as she hits the ski slopes with her Jay and Sophia… after being forced to make ‘difficult decision’ to close two of her businesses
- Emily Atack and Jack Fincham ‘caught KISSING at the NTAs and couldn’t keep their hands off each other’… days after the Love Island star became a new dad
- DOI’s Caprice Bourret displays painful injuries from training with new pro Oscar Peter… just hours after ex- skating partner Hamish Gaman insisted ‘he’s not okay’ amid bitter split
- Jim Carrey reveals he WOULD be happy to portray The Mask again but only if a ‘crazy visionary filmmaker’ was making a sequel
- Declan Donnelly praises Supervet Noel Fitzpatrick for saving his beloved daschund Rocky’s life after he was savaged by a fox Pet dog
- Frankie Essex showcases her one stone weight loss in a form-fitting black mini dress as she enjoys a night out in London
- ‘I’m not okay:’ Dancing On Ice’s Hamish Gaman insists the ‘truth will come out’ amid THAT Caprice Bourret split… as he finally breaks his silence
- Michelle Heaton unveils her new wrist inking after adding a simple ‘M’ to her tattoo collection during Bali trip… following her hospitalisation for ‘severe dehydration’
- Love Island’s Sophie and Mike are branded ‘SNAKES’ by fans after they ‘tactically’ vote for Siannise and Luke in brutal compatibility task… leaving them at risk of being DUMPED
- Love Island: Three models heading into Casa Amor are revealed… as bosses hope for fireworks as the Islanders are faced with temptation
- Nathalie Emmanuel cuts a quirky figure in a graphic tee and floaty skirt as she joins stars at Fast and Furious Road to F9 concert
- Christine McGuinness looks incredible in a VERY busty scarlet red dress for glam appearance at awards bash in Ireland Wow
- Kate Beckinsale, 46, risks a wardrobe malfunction in a VERY short PVC skirt with a feathered coat following Hollywood night out
- Gary Kemp, 60, cuts a dapper figure as he enjoys date night with wife Lauren Barber, 42… after admitting he’s ‘fighting’ for a Spandau Ballet reunion
- Jessica Biel shares gushing birthday message to Justin Timberlake after marriage was rocked by his PDA scandal: ‘You somehow grow up without growing old’
- Jenna Dewan floats in a bath and covers her bump in lace for breathtaking maternity photos…weeks before her due date Stunning
- Best-selling author of more than 50 mystery novels and ‘queen of suspense’ Mary Higgins Clark dies at 92 Tragic
- Love Island’s Chloe Crowhurst puts on a busty display in a green mini dress as she enjoys girls’ night out
- Oh, baby! Heavily pregnant Nicole Trunfio shows off her burgeoning bump in a tight jumpsuit as she poses in the snow
- Emma Roberts opts for a risqué look as she goes braless in sexy black top with flared jeans for low-key LA dinner
- Taylor Swift reveals ‘there’s a part of me that’s definitely not ready to have kids’ in new doco… where she sparks engagement rumors with Joe Alwyn
- Ciara dazzles in black sequins as Russell Wilson puts on a dapper display for date night in Miami… after announcing third pregnancy
- Khloe Kardashian enjoys a cheerful morning with True in $12,500 playhouse that’s just like the one Kylie Jenner bought for Stormi
- Vanessa Bryant posts heartbreaking message honoring Kobe and Gianna after a tearful LeBron James and grieving LA Lakers paid tribute to them at their first game since the NBA legend died in a helicopter crash
- Jasmine Sanders, Kate Bock and Danielle Herrington stun at Super Bowl party… but ‘disappointed’ Harry Styles has to call off his performance due to ‘a severe storm’
- Megan Thee Stallion serves body in double denim as she goes on Chanel shopping spree in Miami ahead of Super Bowl
- Tamara Ecclestone forced to make ‘difficult decision’ to close two of her businesses… one month after her home was hit by a £50million raid
- Meghan Markle doesn’t come close to Wallis Simpson ‘in terms of style and sophistication’, says Edward VIII’s former secretary
- Terry Crews apologizes to Gabrielle Union for ‘invalidating’ her experiences of racism and sexism on AGT set: ‘I should have at the very least understood’
- Taylor Swift accepts Nikki Glaser’s apology after the comedian joked that she was ‘too skinny’ in her Netflix documentary Miss Americana
- Chrissy Teigen tries to get daughter Luna to watch a kissing scene in It Takes Two much to the toddler’s disapproval
- Police arrest woman, 47, and a man, 21, over £50m burglary at Tamara Ecclestone’s £70m Kensington home – as two other suspects remain in custody
- Dakota Johnson makes a hilarious surprise cameo as St. Vincent’s girlfriend in the Sundance film The Nowhere Inn
- ‘Love you endlessly’: Rebecca Judd pens a heartwarming tribute to her daughter Billie on her sixth birthday and shares sweet throwback snaps from when she was a newborn
- Rihanna proves to be her own best advertisement as she strips down to show off the latest Savage X Fenty collection Raunchy
- Kanye West looks glum while leaving his Calabasas office just days before his Superbowl Sunday Service in Miami
- Rebel Wilson reveals she was sexually harassed… and says she once had a STALKER who planned to lock her on his rural Victorian farm until she ‘loved him’
- Debi Mazar says her best friend Madonna’s toyboy Ahlamalik Williams, 25, is ‘lovely’ and ‘sweet’
- Rugged up royal! Crown Princess Mary of Denmark cuts a cosy figure in a turtleneck sweater and beige skirt as she attends the Women’s Board Award event in Copenhagen
- Reese Witherspoon cuts a business chic look in khaki blazer and leopard heels as she gets her hair done in Beverly Hills
- Dog the Bounty Hunter’s show Dog’s Most Wanted cancelled after one season…after he proposed to new girlfriend seven months after wife’s death
- Cameron Diaz is wintertime chic in flowing knit turtleneck as she steps out in Santa Monica after welcoming firstborn daughter Raddix
- Nick Lachey chats on his phone while in Miami for the Super Bowl…as he’s seen for the first time since ex Jessica Simpson discussed marriage
- Charlie Hunnam picks up flowers in Los Angeles after revealing he ‘really hurt’ girlfriend’s feelings by saying he is ‘indifferent’ to marriage
- Kate Upton puts on a busty display in a stunning yellow suit as she arrives in Miami ahead of the Super Bowl
- Retro rocker! 5 Seconds of Summer drummer Ashton Irwin looks effortlessly cool in a black leather jacket as he relaxes at a Los Angeles cafe
- Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli claim prosecutors HID college admissions scandal evidence which ‘proves they didn’t know their money was being used as a bribe’
- ‘Dear diary, I’ve lost my implants… and found love’: Strictly’s Shirley Ballas recounts the rollercoaster journey that saw her back on TV just FOUR days after surgery
- Cardi B rocks skintight ruched purple dress on the Road to F9 concert red carpet in Miami… before sporting a low-cut jumpsuit for her performance
- Nikki Bella bares her baby bump while out with fiancé Artem Chigvintsev… after Brie Bella revealed they didn’t talk for a week after pregnancy reveal
- Sofia Richie flaunts her taut midriff in chic cropped turtleneck as she carries a script around Beverly Hills
- Drew Barrymore brings California chic to New York City with turquoise beads and orange shades
- Kylie Minogue and Naomi Watts voice their support for victims and firefighters amid the Australian bushfire crisis after attending a benefit dinner in NYC
- Love Island fans label Rebecca ‘rude’ after she REFUSES to eat the avocado on toast Wallace made for her… as she says he needs to ‘at least get it right’
- Imelda Staunton will be The Crown’s last Queen and the show will END after season five depicts the Royals in the early 21st century – which means Megxit will not make it into show
- Katie McGlynn to become face of online betting company Mecca Bingo as she lands first job after quitting Coronation Street New role
- Love Island’s Maura Higgins cancels Dancing On Ice training after falling ill and fears she may be forced to pull out of Sunday’s live show
- Fresh-faced Cara Santana dons teddy coat in LA… as philandering fiancé Jesse Metcalfe works with Bruce Willis
- Kobe Bryant’s grieving mother is seen for first time since her son and granddaughter died in chopper crash, as she emerges from her Las Vegas home
- LeBron James reveals ‘Mamba 4 Life’ tattoo in tribute to late teammate Kobe Bryant after the basketball legend’s tragic helicopter crash
- RICHARD EDEN: No Windsor wedding for Princess Beatrice… but Queen offers reception at Buckingham Palace in morale boost amid Prince Andrew scandal
- Jeff Lewis apologizes to Asian-Americans for ‘racist’ comments about coronavirus outbreak: ‘I’m very sorry for crossing the line’
- ‘I’m old’: The Masked Singer’s Jonathan Ross insists Natalie Cole gaffe was a ‘genuine mistake’ as he jokes that fellow judge Rita Ora is ‘like working with a child’
- Madonna apologises as she’s forced to cancel MORE shows on doctors’ orders and reveals she does SIX HOURS of rehab every day due to her serious injury
- Louise Redknapp ‘rules out Peppa Pig collaboration amid £1m royalties row after songwriters claim children’s TV show ripped off her 1996 hit song Naked’
- Ex TOWIE star Jasmin Walia showcases her washboard abs in a TINY white crop top as she steps out for coffee in West Hollywood Work it
- Pregnant Jodie Turner-Smith shows off her bare baby bump in a black crop top and trousers while backstage on The Graham Norton Show
- Love Island CONFIRMS the return of Casa Amor as fans fear for Callum and Shaughna’s relationship… after she almost lets slip that she LOVES him
- Laura Dern and Joaquin Phoenix look stylish as they lead the stars at the Academy Nominees Reception in London ahead of The Oscars 2020
- Bella Hadid cuts a casual figure as she shows her love for animals and playfully pets a dog while out with pals in NYC
- Priyanka Chopra looks incredible as she flaunts her cleavage in a plunging patterned dress at Super Bowl event in Miami Wow
- Heidi Klum almost spills out of her sexy Versace dress in a VERY steamy behind-the-scenes video from a photoshoot Risky
- Showing Miley what she’s missing! Liam Hemsworth flaunts his buff physique and bulging biceps while leaving a gym session in LA… after finalising his divorce from Cyrus
- Fleur East will ‘no longer take things for granted’ after ‘reality check’ from Syco axe and a friend’s suicide pushed her to re-evaluate her music career
- Liam Gallagher releases music video for single Once featuring Eric Cantona as a wine swilling king… as he brands estranged brother Noel’s new track a ‘BORING SNOOZER’
- Louis Tomlinson is swarmed by fans as he leaves his hotel in New York… after claiming he still ‘f***ing loves’ his One Direction band mates
- The Jonas Brothers: Joe takes to the stage with Nick and Kevin at the Dublin leg of their Happiness Begins tour… after announcing Las Vegas residency
- Ashanti storms the stage for London gig in knee-high leather boots and a sizzling flame-printed two-piece as she delivers energetic performance
- Elon Musk’s girlfriend Grimes confirms pregnancy as she admits to having ‘complications’ and struggling through her second trimester
- ‘Baby love!’: Kim Kardashian shares a sweet photo of her son Saint kissing little brother Psalm on the head as daughter Chicago looks on
- EXCLUSIVE: Malia Obama takes a break from her studies at Harvard as she puffs on a cigarette with her British boyfriend Rory Farquharson
- Imogen Thomas stuns in plunging black blazer dress as she continues to flaunt her January weight loss… after vowing she’s still got ‘more to lose’
- Hollyoaks star Jennifer Metcalfe stuns in sequin trousers and a plunge bodysuit as she joins Love Island’s Hayley Hughes at fashion show in Liverpool
- Chris Hughes likes tweets calling him a ‘nice guy’ as fans jump to his defence following his shocking NTAs brawl Shock
- ‘It’s worse than in here!’: Eamonn Holmes takes a swipe at This Morning ‘feud’ during a play fight between the Loose Women panellists
- TREVOR PHILLIPS: Racist? My friend Alastair Stewart fought with me against the National Front when we were student activists
- ITN bosses are ‘stung and surprised’ by backlash against Alastair Stewart being forced out over race row, say insiders
- Star Wars actor Alan Harris who portrayed Bossk in The Empire Strikes Back dies aged 81
- ‘That would be silly!’ I’m A Celeb’s Charlotte Crosby shuts down wedding talk with Ryan Gallagher but admits he’s everything ‘she wants in a man’
- AMANDA PLATELL: Why Fern Britton’s separation with TV chef Phil Vickery could be a recipe for regret
- Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade invite DeAndre Arnold to the Oscars after he was kept from walking at graduation because of his dreadlocks
- Lizzo toasts to her Grammy wins by sipping on champagne and twerking in a sexy pink swimsuit in Miami ahead of Super Bowl celebrations
- Olivia Culpo flaunts her rock-hard abs and underboob in a pink crop top and matching mini skirt for a day at the beach in Miami
- ‘When I say “kissy, kissy”, they offer up their snouts’: Chris Tarrant’s ex-wife Ingrid reveals how she swapped her husband for three PIGS… who roam freely
- ‘They were really nasty’: James Corden slams Hollyoaks for trying to ‘fat shame’ his character… after calling brief stint on the soap ‘hell on earth’
- Taylor Swift sparks engagement speculation after she’s seen rocking huge ring in her new documentary Miss Americana
- Nikki Glaser issues apology after old soundbite referencing Taylor Swift’s weight and ‘model’ friend choices is featured in Netflix documentary Miss Americana
- Robert De Niro in The Irishman may have beaten Madonna’s Evita record for most costume changes in one film Impressive
- Tom Brady teased for being a ‘crybaby’ and more as he and other NFL stars read their Mean Tweets on Jimmy Kimmel ahead of Super Bowl Sunday
- Michelle Heaton COLLAPSES from ‘severe dehydration’ after suffering from ‘Bali belly’ following a swanky £150 sushi meal
- Giovanni Pernice’s dancer ex Luba Mushtuk likes his tweet announcing split from Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts ‘within minutes’
- ‘I can’t promise I won’t get physical again’ LISTEN as Amber Heard admits to ‘hitting’ ex Johnny Depp and pelting him with pots, pans and vases in audio confession
- Justin Bieber shows off his new tattoo as he leaves a dance session with take-out food from the Beverly Hills Hotel… as his wife Hailey is seen across town
- J.Lo and Shakira are heard rehearsing for Super Bowl halftime show which includes a medley of their biggest hits against a backdrop of fireworks
- Celine Dion discusses facing ‘tough times’ but admits ‘sometimes we are stronger than we think’… after losing her mother, 92, two weeks ago
- Eddie Redmayne drops off his old clothes off at H&M as part of store’s recycling scheme… (yet turns down their £5 incentive voucher!)
- ‘I was told I couldn’t have children’: Casualty’s Cathy Shipton reveals how reflexology helped her to get pregnant after her first round of IVF failed
- Chrissy Teigen is a casual mom in distressed denim and slides as she goes shopping with Luna in West Hollywood
- Christina Milian spotted for the first time since giving birth as she enjoys family outing with baby Isaiah and partner Matt Pokora
- Fast & Furious 9 full trailer revealed! John Cena debuts as Vin Diesel’s evil brother and they face off in EPIC car chases… while Charlize Theron and Helen Mirren get revved up
- Lindsay Lohan’s father Michael offering drug rehabilitation help to troubled Mighty Ducks actor Shaun Weiss
- Lizzo models an off-the-shoulder sheer dress as she stops by SiriusXm’s Radio Row for Super Bowl week in Miami
- Casey Batchelor shares an adorable snap of her newborn daughter as she enjoys first family outing one week after baby’s birth
- Adam Sandler inks ANOTHER four movie deal with Netflix…after Murder Mystery with Jennifer Aniston became the most watched movie of 2019
- Love Island SPOILER: Callum teases plan to ask Shaughna to be his GIRLFRIEND as he tells the boys they’re ‘definitely’ exclusive Solid bond
- Owen Wilson has taken a ‘major role’ opposite Tom Hiddleston in the Loki Marvel series for Disney+
- Say what? Kim Kardashian reveals she eats Chicken McNuggets dipped in HONEY as McDonald’s shares orders of stars like Kanye and Millie Bobby Brown
- Gemma Collins sparks engagement rumours as she is spotted trying on WEDDING dresses (and buys one)… as James Argent continues rehab
- Romeo Beckham takes fashion inspiration from Gareth Southgate as he wears a waistcoat during fun date with girlfriend Mia Regan Inspiration
- Ellie Goulding hits back at The 1975’s Matt Healy after he boldly claims that ‘people don’t buy’ her chart-topping albums
- Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara are seen together for the first time on the Toronto set of Nightmare Alley as they co-star in their third film together
- Katie Holmes looks ready for Valentine’s Day in a dusty pink coat over a flirty dress as she heads to an Italian breakfast in NYC
- Amanda Holden takes another thinly-veiled swipe at Phillip Schofield as she throws her support behind Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford
- Love Island SPOILER: ‘There’s going to be a lot of sausage flying around!’ The girls don dirndl as they toss pretzels onto poles in Oktobersesh challenge
- Kobe Bryant tribute mural is vandalized with the word ‘rapist’ just hours after being unveiled in Texas
- Lil Wayne pays homage to Kobe Bryant by including 24 seconds of silence on his new album Funeral
- Inside Ashley Roberts’ home: Singer’s chic abode boasts a pristine white kitchen and slogan bedding… amid split from Strictly’s Giovanni Pernice
- Cardi B’s husband Offset showers her with wads of cash while she twerks on him… as he’s accused of ‘PUNCHING’ a member of the crowd for popping champagne over the rapper
- ‘Life is so much better with breasts!’ Rodrigo Alves gushes over her new implants after posing for pre-surgery snaps in Istanbul
- Kristin Cavallari shows off her very slender figure in a black bikini… after revealing she works out at 5 am and never eats processed foods
- Kendall Jenner sizzles as she puts on a very leggy display in a pair of barely-there mint shorts for a new fashion campaign Stunning display
- Loretta Lynn, 87, declares country music ‘dead’ as she laments the genre’s push towards pop
- Myleene Klass is every inch the doting mum as she arrives at work with baby son Apollo… after sharing candid details about her ‘blended family’
- Hilary Duff flaunts her fit frame in figure-hugging leggings after enduring a morning workout alongside husband Matthew Koma
- Meghan King Edmonds doesn’t want the ‘baggage’ of dating a man with kids… amid ongoing divorce drama with estranged husband Jim
- Taylor Swift drops new politically charged song Only The Young which touches on gun violence in schools then urges people to vote
- Dog The Bounty Hunter felt ‘relieved’ after moving his rumored new fiancee’s clothes into his late wife’s closet: ‘It wasn’t a negative thing’
- Dog the Bounty Hunter’s daughter Lyssa is arrested in Hawaii on charges of harassment and resisting arrest
- James Franco hangs out with friends… after it emerges he asked for his deposition in Johnny Depp/Amber Heard case to be kept secret
- Shannon Beador’s ex husband David proposes to new love with huge ring… after RHOC star branded her ‘trashy’ for sharing naked pictures
- Kylie Jenner models a SKIMS top for sister Kim Kardashian along with tight leather slacks as she flashes a HUGE diamond ring while in a limo
- Unearthed photos of Meghan Markle posing for selfies with A-list pals reveal the glamorous life the duchess can return to now she and Harry have quit the Royal Family
- Mark Wright and Michelle Keegan plan to demolish new £1.3m Essex farmhouse – and build sprawling mega mansion
- Jesy Nelson FINALLY publicly supports boyfriend Chris Hughes with Instagram post after she looked VERY unimpressed with his shocking NTAs brawl
- Claire Danes says she was ‘clueless’ during kissing scenes with Jared Leto on My So-Called Life and was ‘terrified’ to fall for him as she was 14 and he 21
- Alan Carr and husband Paul Drayton beam as they enjoy a rare date night to watch Madonna’s critically-acclaimed Madame X tour in London
- The Crown star Erin Doherty reveals ‘minor meltdown’ she suffered over the huge public attention she received after starring as Princess Anne in the Netflix hit
- Emma Roberts embodies the ‘new spirit of femininity’ as she poses in a sheer black shirt for a chic Boss fragrance campaign – after being named as the new face of the brand
- Meghan Trainor channels an eighties office vibe in her new music video for Nice to Meet Ya featuring Nicki Minaj
- Nadine Coyle DENIES she’s Queen Bee on The Masked Singer and reveals her daughter Anaíya almost stopped the singer from going on I’m A Celebrity
- ‘It made me really anxious’: Linda Robson reveals she feared getting addicted to social media when reunited with her phone after giving it up for a year amid OCD battle
- Love Island SPOILER: ‘That’s SAVAGE!’ Islanders are left TERRIFIED as its revealed they must vote for the least compatible couple
- Kelly Brook’s ex David McIntosh brands the star ‘a SNAKE’ in shock swipe… following their bitter split and his ‘bullying’ accusations Hitting out
- Stunning period costumes worn by A-list stars including Cate Blanchett in the film Elizabeth: The Golden Age and Claire Foy in The Crown go on display at Ely Cathedral
- ‘I knew straight away I had feelings for her’: Dancing On Ice star Kevin Kilbane discusses new romance with pro partner Brianne Delcourt
- Kimberley Garner showcases her stunning physique in a yellow and orange swimsuit as she soaks up the sun in Miami Good times
- Sofia Richie opts for gothic glamour as she sports sweeping leather coat with trendy jeans for Beverly Hills dinner Made a solo appearance on Thursday evening
- Princess Diana’s scarlet Jasper Conran suit bought at auction for £50,000 goes on public display for the first time to showcase her unique style of ‘tradition with a twist’
- Jason Momoa goes shirtless and lathers himself in bubbles for Rocket Mortgage’s VERY strange Super Bowl commercial
- Prince Philip, 98, goes to Sandringham estate shooting party just weeks after hospital stay as son Prince Charles drives to join him
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are ‘hoping’ to spend their summer in Los Angeles and are already looking for a house where they can ‘entertain’